Hi! I was thinking it’s about time I do a post more about ME. My intention with this blog is not to make it about me, but I thought this would be a fun way for you to get to know me a little better. For all of you who have followed me since 2010 (If you followed my first blog, Beautiful Things Diary – LOL) you probably know A LOT).
I feel like, with blogging and being on YouTube, there are so many questions I have about the person. I love it most when bloggers and YouTubers talk about REAL SHIT. We’ve all seen the pretty photos, the bunches of roses, pretty sunsets on beach vacations all over Instagram, and while these are inspiring, I think that it’s so important to go deeper.
So, here we go!
10 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. Before I was born, my parents thought I was going to be a boy, and my name was going to be Scott. When I was a born and they saw that I wasn’t a boy, they named me Lynn Michelle. I’m kinda sorta named after my great grandmother, Lila. I actually have no idea where Michelle came from, but when I was younger, I wanted to go by Michelle instead of Lynn because it was more ‘interesting’ and girly to me at the time.
2. I have always been a SUPER intuitive person. One of my super powers is that I usually know when someone is pregnant before they share their news. This year, I’ve known about 3 pregnancies before I was told. But this has been happening since I was very young, like 4 years old. Oh, the joy of pretending to be surprised!
3. I have a phobia of blood draws. Even typing that up makes me queasy. I fainted watching one, which is where I think the phobia began. I don’t love needles, but I CAN handle injections and BOTOX. Go figure.
4. I studied pre-med as a minor in college and I interned as a Labor and Delivery Assistant in a hospital for three years. I wanted to deliver babies (this was seriously the most incredible experience – there is NOTHING like it)…but I quickly learned that the needles part would hinder me, as well as the time and money that needed to be invested into medical school. I knew deep down that what I really want(ed) in life was to be my own boss.
5. My first job was at a boutique pet store. Not the kind where they sold poor bred puppies and kittens, but a shop that sold fancy leashes, toys, and food. I HATED retail and bow down to those who work in retail.
6. I am a pisces and am a TRUE pieces. See above for some of this, but I am totally a water person and love swimming. Totally fitting with my name, which means: Waterfall; Pretty; A Cascade; Lake; Pool; Pond. Another fact tied into this one: I swam competitively (which I hated, the competitive part) in high school.
7. I am not a morning person and I never have been. I wish I was, so badly, and I am slowly trying to work on this. I hate feeling like I’ve wasted the day waking up at 9 am!
8. I traveled to Australia in junior high for a month, which instilled a sense of major adventure in me. I LOVE to travel – it is one of my biggest passions.
9. I thought that I would be a mom of 3 by the time I was 28 years old. HA HA! At 31, I have no kids and I’m fine with it. Although I DO feel the societal an internal clock pressure.
10. I am very weird and picky with food. This blog post would be a mile long if I went into everything, but I am very choosy when it comes to meat. I don’t eat any dairy after a horrific experience at the California State Fair, where I witnessed a calf birth. The calf was immediately taken from its mother because she was a dairy cow. I will spare you the rest of the details because they are so fucking sad. But when I got home, I researched and researched and decided that was it, no more dairy. Plus it makes me feel like total crap. I love sushi and I love BREAD. My mom’s nickname for me at one point was “BREADHEAD”.
WHAT I’M WEARING
Leave a Reply