There’s really no other place like Sephora. It’s the Disneyland for those who are obsessed with the newest and best makeup products and stay-at-home spa days (AKA me). Sephora has something for everyone. For me, I go for their big selection of cruelty free and vegan products. I’ve been making more concious purchasing decisions around what kind of makeup I buy; specifically cruelty free and vegan products. I miss the days when I would hear about an amazing product, and then go out and buy it without thinking about whether or not it was tested on animals or contained animal products. Ignorance is bliss, right?! I’m looking at you, Makeup Forever! I have seen so many great reviews of the cover stick foundation from Makeup Forever, and even tried it on in-store, but after doing some pre-purchase research, I found out that Makeup Forever tests on animals.
Back to the sale…
The big Sephora Rouge, VIB, and BI sale is just kicking off and I can’t wait to go and pick up some staples and try out some new products. The products in the photo above are all cruelty free products, and they are my staples that I will be re-stocking during the sale.
1. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Pearl: A creamy powder highlighter that absorbs and reflects light for the ultimate natural glow. The first BECCA product I bought was Champagne Pop x Jaclyn Hill and I fell in love with the color and the formula. BECCA highlighters are not for the faint of heart, but they are also not glittery or grainy. ‘Pearl’ looks so light (it is in fact white in the pan), but on, it gives the perfect glow to light – medium skin tones.
2. Buxom Lipgloss in White Russian: A creamy, no-shimmer lip gloss with a tingling, plumping effect. White Russian is just the perfect glossy nude. I love to wear it over any nude lipstick. This gloss gives you that ‘wet’ look, which I love in a gloss. Bonus is that it is not sticky.
3. NARS Chelsea Girls Lipgloss: A moisturizing lip gloss that supports anti-aging and imparts long-wearing, sophisticated shine and stunning color for subtle, everyday glamour. I have owned this lipgloss for YEARS. We’re talking 10+ years. And it has been my favorite nude gloss ever since the first day I purchased it years ago. If you’ve been a longtime NARS fan, you might remember when their glosses came in those little pots that were oh so inviting of germs. I didn’t care, it was the best gloss, but I was so thrilled when they came out with their new packaging and formula. If you’re looking for a go-to nude gloss, GET THIS ONE. You won’t be disappointed. Promise.
4. Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade: A smudge-free, waterproof pomade formula that performs as an all-in-one brow product. I use this along with the brow wiz pencil to perfect the shape of my brows. Anastasia brow products are THE BEST! Pro tip: Buy a brow pencil/pomade/shadow in one shade lighter than your hair color. This gives the most natural look.
5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden: A creamy, nude matte primer that gives you vibrant, crease-free eye shadow for 24 hours. One of these babies will last you for a year or more, even if you use it everyday. I like that this primer is yellow based to combat the veins and redness on my eyelids. It’s great for those days when I don’t want to wear eyeshadow too, just for some coverage.
6. Anastasia Brow Gel: A clear gel for all hair colors that sets, defines, and holds brows in place all day. I have tried drugstore clear mascaras for this purpose, but they make my brows insanely crispy and obviously ‘set’. This brow gel keeps your brows in place without making them look totally fake and wet.
7. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: A liquid eyeliner with an innovative brush tip for effortless, precise application. Love, love, love the applicator. It’s so easy to use and the color is super pigmented.
8. Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Taupe: An ultra-slim, retractable pencil for precise detailing and creating hair-like strokes. This is the staple of all staples. Just get it. You’ll love it.
9. Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation: A high-pigment foundation for full coverage that leaves a long-lasting, beautiful finish. I love that this foundation comes in such a wide variety of colors, and many of the light-to-medium shades are not yellow/orangey (which I love!).
♥ VIB Rouge: 15% off all purchases in-store and online made between April 7th and April 13th. Sephora will mail/email you a code to use for your discount (the code is ROUGENOTE).
♥ VIB: 15% off all purchases in-store and online made between April 8th and April 13th. Sephora will mail/email you a code to use for your discount (the code is VIBNOTE).
♥ Beauty Insider: 10% off all purchases in-store and online made between April 9th and April 12th. Sephora will mail/email you a code to use for your discount (the code is BINOTE).
What’s on your Sephora wishlist?
Leave a Reply